This post may include affiliate links. If you purchase any products or services provided in these links, I may earn a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you and you are not obliged to purchase, use or recommend anything provided in these links. For more, please read my disclosure page.
Showing yourself love and compassion can be hard when faced with all the ups and downs that life throws at us. It can be so easy to extend your hand and heart to everyone around you, but can you honestly say you do the same for yourself? I’m pretty sure you answered no. But YOU are worthy of the same amount of love and care, and it doesn’t take much either to dedicate some time to yourself for some well-deserved self-care. That’s why I come up with 50 daily journaling prompts to encourage you to prioritise self-love.
WHAT IS SELF-LOVE?
Self-love may sound like a load of self indulged crap you do as an excuse to be selfish, but that’s far from the truth. It’s all about showing yourself the same amount of love you give those who you care about.
Self-love is being at peace with yourself (inside and out) and genuinely loving who you are. It’s an amazing feeling which will also help you better navigate how you deal with situations, interact with others, and sets the standards for how others should treat you.
Self-love is about getting to know our real selves and prioritising self-care, our mind, well-being, and happiness, which can also be beneficial for your mental and physical health.
HOW CAN DAILY JOURNALING PROMPTS HELP WITH SELF-LOVE?
Journaling is a constructive way to vent your feelings and become more self-aware, which can be helpful in several ways:
- Understand your habits and thoughts
- Identify what genuinely makes you happy and what causes stress
- Vent out any frustrations
When you journal for self-love, you’re on a path to learn more about yourself. During the process, you’ll learn what you need to love yourself by forgiving yourself, showing yourself some compassion, and growing your confidence.
Now this may sound like a load of wannabe wellness guru mumbo jumbo, but honestly, it’s not. You’d be surprised what a few writing prompts could help you uncover about yourself that you may have been suppressing for years.
Now I’m not saying you should pressure yourself to journal twice a day, every single day. Instead, if you’re new to journaling, I would recommend doing 1-2 journal prompts every other day to keep the love fresh in your mind.
If you need some help to get into journaling, check out this amazing guide by Planning Mindfully.
Okay, now it’s time to grab your journal and pen and get started.
50 DAILY JOURNALING PROMPTS FOR SELF-LOVE
Self-love isn’t just one thing, it can be broken down in so many ways and topics, so I’ve split the prompts into sections so you can pick what questions/topics you’d like to cover.
JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR SELF-COMPASSION & ACCEPTANCE
- What is stopping you from being kind to yourself? Write 5 ways you can be more kind to yourself?
- What expectation can you stop placing pressure on yourself to meet?
- What one thing can you remove from your schedule to allow yourself more time for rest?
- How do you want to feel today? What can you do to make yourself have that feeling?
- What is one thing you can do to look after yourself when feeling down or stressed out?
- What 3 things make you feel happy, relaxed and stress free? Do those things this weekend or in your free time.
- Write a love letter to yourself
- What makes you feel supported and safe? How can you add more of this into your life?
- Do you feel you recently made a poor decision or mistake? How would a friend give you support and encouragement about the situation?
- What issue did you have this week and how did you handle it? Write 3 ways you could have handled it differently.
JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR SELF-ESTEEM AND SELF-WORTH
- How would you describe yourself to someone who has never met you?
- What are 3 physical features you love about yourself?
- Describe 3 reasons you are a good person, and why you deserve to be loved
- How have you shown strength recently?
- What is the best thing about your personality?
- What are your biggest flaws? How will you work on them this year?
- List your biggest accomplishments?
- What compliment have you received that made you smile the most? Why did it make you happy?
- List 3 things you did well today
- What do your friends/family love about you the most?
JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR FORGIVENESS
- Write about a tough situation you overcame. How did you feel during and after the experience?
- What mistake have you made this week? What can you do to prevent making the same mistake again?
- What is one thing you regret? Explain how you felt about it and write an apology letter to yourself.
- What is something you need to let go of and forgive yourself for?
- Is there someone who has hurt you and that you’re finding it hard to forgive? Write a letter to that person and tell them how you feel (read it and throw it away when you finish)
- Is there someone you wish would forgive you? What would you say to them?
- How do you accept or give apologies? Why is that?
- Who is someone you look up to? What would they say to you about forgiving yourself?
- Have you hurt someone? What part did you play in hurting them? What can you do to correct the situation or make it better?
- What does forgiveness mean to you? How can you apply this to yourself and others who have hurt you?
JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR PERSONAL GROWTH AND SELF-IMPROVEMENT
- List the goals you’d like to accomplish within the next year? Create a plan of how you aim to reach the top 3 priority goals.
- What are some limiting beliefs holding you back from achieving your goals?
- What are 3 things you really want to do but are afraid to try?
- What are 3 unhealthy habits you need to stop?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- Create a bucket list
- What are 10 things you would do if failure wasn’t an option?
- What are 10 things you are grateful for?
- If money didn’t exist, what would your life look like? (job/home/family)
- What are 2 things you wish you were better at? How can you improve them?
SELF-LOVE JOURNALING PROMPTS
- List 15 things that make you happy
- What is the nicest thing you’ve ever done for yourself?
- What is one thing you can do that you will thank yourself for in 5 years?
- How can you set better boundaries?
- When was the last time you treated yourself and how?
- What constant negative thought do you have about yourself? Is it true?
- How would you feel if you loved everything about yourself?
- How do you look when you feel most confident?
- What do you need more of in your life?
- How will you make tomorrow a great day?
Okay, there you are. I hope these journal prompts will help you get started on your journey towards self-love.
Do you use daily journaling prompts? What daily journaling prompts have helped you practice self-love?
Pin this post to read later
- Fun and Simple Self-Care Activities for Kids With Chronic Illness
- 5 Healthy Ways to Deal With Grief and Loss
- Stuck in a Rut? Here’s 9 Things That’ll Help You Feel Better!